The new Nissan LEAF, which soon will hit the British market, won the 2017 Next Green Car Awards in the Small Family Car category.
2018 Nissan LEAF
It seems that the 2018 LEAF caught and beat out the Volkswagen e-Golf (with newly extended range) at the last minute.
In the UK, there is no other BEV with a bigger battery (40 kWh) or more range (expected 150 miles/ 240 km EPA) at a price of £26,490 ($35,500) including OLEV grant.
NGC verdict states:
"A new Nissan LEAF is a big deal, and the Japanese firm has delivered on every attribute required to take its best-selling model back to the top of its class. The long range available is going to make the LEAF an attractive proposition for many, as is the new premium styling. Add in the extensive equipment on offer and the new LEAF looks set to fly off the forecourts."
Here is the list of other Next Green Car Awards 2017 winners:
- Citycar WINNER - smart fortwo electric drive
- Supermini WINNER - BMW i3
- Small Family Car - Nissan LEAF
- Large Family Car WINNER - Toyota Prius Plug-In
- Crossover / SUV WINNER - Kia Niro Plug-In Hybrid
- Executive WINNER - BMW 530e
- Estate WINNER - Kia Optima Sportswagon PHEV
- Next Generation WINNER - Jaguar I-Pace
- Innovation WINNER - LEVC TX (plug-in taxi)