Evatran is celebrating 1 million charge hours of Plugless wireless charging systems operation across North America (and some worldwide) .
The industry first million was achieved after three years of sales, beginning in 2014.
Plugless Wireless Charger for Tesla Model S
Initially, the company offered only 3.3 kW systems for the Chevy Volt and Nissan LEAF, but that has quickly changed.
Today, there is second generation 7.2 kW Plugless available and kits for more models. Wireless charging is still supported for the LEAF, Volt, but now also the BMW i3, Tesla Model S...with more to come.
On celebrating the milestone of 1 million hours of charging, Evatran has announced a "$600 off" MSRP pricing offer on the 7.2 kW Plugless for the Tesla Model S in April (
$3,799 goes down to $3,199 with E600APRIL code).
The History of Plugless Firsts
- 1st wireless EV charging field trials – From 2012 to 2014 Plugless systems were rigorously testing in the field at more than a dozen “Apollo” trial partner sites – including installations at Google, Duke Energy, and Hertz.
- 1st production wireless charger available for purchase by EV owners – In 2014 Plugless began selling 3.3kW wireless EV chargers for Chevy Volt and Nissan LEAF. Plugless continues to be the only wireless EV charger for sale to consumers in the world.
- 1st wireless EV charger installed on a production fleet of driverless shuttlebuses – In 2016 Plugless was installed on a fleet of a leading fully autonomous shuttlebus company based in Europe.
- 1st 7.2kW wireless EV charger available for purchase – In 2016 Evatran introduced the 2nd Gen Plugless system loaded with enhanced features and more than doubling the power to 7.2kW.
- 1st Production System available to Tesla Model S owners for autonomous charging –The first integration of the 2nd Gen Plugless system begins shipping to customers in late 2016.
- 1st wireless EV charger designed for interoperable across Tesla and otherEVs – The 2nd Gen Plugless system is designed to charge Tesla Model S and any EVs upgraded with a 2nd Gen Plugless systems in the future.
- 1st production wireless EV charger to inductively charge a Chinese production EV – In December 2016, the 2nd Gen Plugless system charged a JAC iEV6S (a SUV) across a six-inch (150mm) air gap. The demonstration system allows for 10 inches (254mm) of roadway clearance, a necessity in China.
- 1st license-free demonstration system available for purchase – In 2017 Plugless begins sales of 3.6kW and 7.2kW demonstration systems to electrified transportation companies and research groups looking for an affordable way to leap-frog inductive charging development costs.