Autogefühl continues to explore the new smart electric drive lineup, and after an extensive smart fortwo electric drive review, it is time for a (refreshingly) abbreviated cabriolet follow-up.
The electric convertible driving experience amazed Thomas, and he finds nothing on the market today to compare it to.
The smart fortwo cabriolet electric drive is found to be sporty, with a small turning radius, and simply rocks.
EPA range estimate is for a rating between 70 and 80 miles. Autogefühl thinks one should only count on about 62 miles/100km to be safe.
Smart fortwo cabrio electric drive quick specs:
- 60 kW / 160 Nm separately excited three-phase synchronous motor from Renault
- 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 11.8 seconds
- 17.6 kWh batteries with LG Chem li-ion cells
- 7 kW on-board charger for 2.5 hour recharge
- 155 km/96 miles (NEDC) range
- 130 km/h (81 mph) top speed