Earlier this week, a 10-year old-girl by the name of Bria Loveday rose to Internet fame with her suggestion to host a fan-made commercial competition, which was sent along to Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
Musk almost immediately replied, via Twitter:
Musk Responds To Letter On Twitter
News of a 10-year-old influencing Musk and Tesla went viral, with interviews of Bria popping up everywhere.
Tesla's creative team swung into action and got the ball rolling and never looked back. The result is Tesla's first-ever fan-made commercial competition.
Bring on Project Loveday...
Tesla's says the contest will run from now through May 8. Winning entries will be selected on May 22. Here's how the winning prizes will be broken down:
- Winner Prizes (10): The top 10 winning Submissions will be featured and shared on Tesla’s social media channels.
- Top 3 Winner Prizes (3): The top 3 winning Submissions will receive additional promotion across social media channels.
- Grand Prize Winner (1): The Entrant with the top winning Submission will be invited to and introduced at a future Tesla product launch event. Tesla will pay for reasonable travel expenses and accommodations for 2 people for 2 nights.
You'll find the submit video tab here.
Terms and conditions below:
Terms and Conditions
Project Loveday is a video submission contest sponsored by Tesla, Inc., 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Tesla”).
1. OVERVIEW Project Loveday begins on March 4, 2017, at 12:00 A.M. PT and ends at the end of the day on May 8, 2017 (“Entry Period”). During the Entry Period, an eligible entrant can submit a video and enter Project Loveday by following the instructions in Section 4. After the Entry Period, 10 winners (“Winners”) will be selected based on the criteria in Section 6. Winners with the top 3 scores will be the Top 3 Winners and the highest scored Winner will also be the Grand Prize Winner. Winners will be announced on or about May 22, 2017.
2. ELIGIBILITY Project Loveday is open to individuals who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry or to individuals under the age of 18 with the express permission of their parent or guardian (“Entrant”). All federal, state and local laws apply and Project Loveday is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in Project Loveday, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and all final decisions of Tesla.
3. HOW TO ENTER During the Entry Period, an Entrant may create and submit a video entry (“Submission”) by completing an entry form located here. Each Submission must comply with the guidelines in Section 4 below. By entering Project Loveday, the Entrant agrees to these Terms and Conditions. Each Entrant may only enter one Submission, and each Submission may only have one individual Entrant.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES Submissions must be submitted via the online Entry Form Submissions must comply with these Terms and Conditions Videos must be no longer than 90 seconds Videos must relate to Tesla, SolarCity, our products, or our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy Videos hosted on third-party social media platforms must comply with that platform’s Terms of Service Videos must be approved for all ages; i.e., it cannot contain violence, nudity, or inappropriate language or behavior Any text or voice-overs in the videos must be in English Submissions must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights Submissions must not in any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Tesla and its brands Submissions must not contain material that is not the original work of the Entrant NOTE: By submitting a Submission, the Entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and that Tesla may, at its discretion, disqualify him or her from Project Loveday if Tesla decides that the Submission fails to conform to these Terms and Conditions or for any other reason.
5. LICENSES Entrant grants Tesla (and its affiliates) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish or create derivative works from and display the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, the Entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Tesla or its designees to make use of the nonexclusive rights to use the Submission. No rights in or to the Submission are reserved by Entrant.
Entrants may only use Tesla’s name, product, trademarks and logos (collectively, “Tesla’s IP”) for the sole purpose of entering Project Loveday. Entrants are not permitted to make any other use of Tesla’s IP, and Tesla may, at any time, revoke any permissions granted by Tesla. No rights, title or interests in and to Tesla’s IP, except for the limited permissions granted to Entrant in these Terms and Conditions, are transferred or created.
6. JUDGING AND WINNER SELECTION After the Entry Period, all eligible Submissions will be judged by Tesla personnel (“Judges”). The Judges will score each eligible Submission based on originality, creativity, relevance to Tesla and its mission, and entertainment value. Entrants of Submissions that receive the 10 highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the Winners. Entrants of the 3 highest scoring Submissions will be declared Top 3 Winners. The highest scoring Submission will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. All Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. PRIZES Approved Submissions will be hosted on Tesla’s website located here. In addition, the winning Submissions will receive the following.
Winner Prizes (10): The top 10 winning Submissions will be featured and shared on Tesla’s social media channels.
Top 3 Winner Prizes (3): The top 3 winning Submissions will receive additional promotion across social media channels.
Grand Prize Winner (1): The Entrant with the top winning Submission will be invited to and introduced at a future Tesla product launch event. Tesla will pay for reasonable travel expenses and accommodations for 2 people for 2 nights.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution, redemption or cash equivalent will be allowed. All applicable taxes, and all other fees and costs not specifically identified in these Terms and Conditions as a prize element, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
8. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE On or about May 29, 2017, the Grand Prize Winner will be sent an email notification with instructions on how to claim the prize. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide the winning video in a format requested by Tesla and to execute any requested documents within the time period requested by Tesla. The prize must be claimed by June 2, 2017 or, at Tesla’s sole discretion, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to the Entrant whose Submission received the next highest score.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS By participating in Project Loveday, each Entrant agrees to allow Tesla and its designees the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos, videos, entries, likeness, and statements for Project Loveday and for trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in any form of media worldwide.
11. GENERAL Tesla reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant found, in Tesla’s sole discretion, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or otherwise acting in bad faith.
12. WINNER LIST
To obtain a list of prize winners, interested individuals should send a written request with a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Tesla, Inc., 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304, Attn: Project Loveday. Winner List requests must be received by May 31, 2017.