A pretty great recent survey reported by Teslarati provides some unique and insightful information. The survey compares and contrasts responses related to the Model S versus the Model X. It also sheds light on the Model 3 and Tesla Energy. The survey features about 500 Tesla owners, Model 3 reservation holders, and fans.
- 95 percent of Model X owners said their vehicle holds up "extremely well"
- Model X owners are 20 percent more likely to have dealt with maintenance (non-routine)
- Model X owners spent about 29 percent more overall on their vehicles
- Model X owners income nearly doubles that of Model S ($503,000 to $267,000)
- X and S owners were 89 percent satisfied with their service departments
- X and S owners are 53 years old (average)
Respondents would pay over $5,900 for a 30 percent battery upgrade in 3 years. Teslarati calculated this at ~$235 kWh. More than half of those surveyed intend to purchase Tesla Energy products in the future (within 2-3 years).
In regards to the Model 3, 82.5 percent were happy with the reservation process.
Other Model 3 Takeaways:
- Reservation holders plan to spend about $48,000 on their Model 3
- Model 3 reservation holders are age 43 (average)
- Model 3 reservation holders have been Tesla fans for over five years
Please follow the source link below for additional survey findings.