The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 premiere (see details) was one of the largest events at the 2016 Pebble Beach Concours D'Elégance this year.
Well to be fair, the concept EV is almost six meters in length...so it would be hard to find something larger (points for the pun? No, nothing? ...moving on).
Some folks commented on the debut, speculating that the front (or "frunk") is big enough to be able sleep in; but whether or not there actually is cavernous space enough to take a nap under that bonnet remains unknown, as Mercedes didn't show off anything inside the land yacht.
What we can tell is that the four-motor powertrain, with 550 kW of output, seems to be taken from the Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive, presented several years ago.
Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 spec:
- 500 km (310 miles) NEDC or over 200 miles (320 km) of real world/EPA driving
- 80 kWh battery
- 0-62 mph (100 km/h) in less than 4 seconds
- 250 km/h (155 mph) top speed
- four electric motors with a total of 550 kW peak output and all-wheel-drive
- charging happens at up to 350 kW DC (CCS Combo)! Five minutes replenish energy for 62 miles (100 km)