Here’s a good, concise article about Tesla’s survivability under President Heat Miser. TeslaMondo will make it even more concise here.
- Solar is pretty safe. State governments control net metering. And the 30 percent federal reimbursement for solar insulation was a Republican gig (Bush) with enduring bipartisan support. Plus, costs are falling so fast that the math will soon make sense even without that 30 percent.
- Fuel efficiency standards. Will they evaporate? If so, ICEs won’t necessarily become more piggish because customers still value fuel economy. Efficiency still bespeaks good engineering. But if they do become more piggish, so be it. Tesla smells even fresher.
- EV incentives were going away soon anyway.
- Trade barriers with Mexico will cause agita in Detroit, but not Fremont.
- Tesla makes desirable stuff. That’s not in the article, but it should be. Raw desire trumps all, even Trump.
*Editor's Note: This and other Tesla-related posts appear on TeslaMondo. Check it out here.
Got a tip for us? Email: email@example.com