BMW 3303 Plugged In At Los Angeles Auto Show (via Warren M)
BMW announced a $43,700 MSRP ($44,695 after deducting $995 destination & handling) for its new 330e plug-in hybrid, presented at the 2015 Los Angeles Auto Show.
The new model will enter the U.S. market in Spring 2016 with an estimated 22 miles of all-electric range.
The range of 22 miles on the 7.6 kWh battery doesn't seem right, as the BMW X5 xDrive40e received a 13-mile EPA rating on 9 kWh pack.
We expect that the EPA will rate the 330e much lower than 22 miles, perhaps more like ~15-17 miles. The show stand picture beside the 330e (graphic below) lists the EPA ratings as "TBD".
Editor's note: Just in the way of comps, there is no longer a 330 petrol BMW sold in the US (that has moved up to 340i from $45,800), but the base 328i sedan retails from $38,350. The next closest comparable is likely the 328i xDrive sedan which retails from $40,350.
BMW 330e Interior From LA Auto Show (Warren M)
- 184 hp TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder petrol engine and 65 kW/88 hp, 250 Nm electric motor integrated into the housing of the eight-speed automatic transmission
- total system output of 185 kW/252 hp (on par with 330i and 330d)
- 0–60 mph in 5.9 seconds (0-100 km/h in 6.1 seconds) with a top speed of 140 mph.
- all-electric range of up to 40 km (25 miles) probably NEDC (we estimate 19-21 miles of real-world driving/US EPA estimate)
- 7.6 kWh lithium-ion battery beneath the boot floor
- estimated 22 miles of all-electric range
- charging in 3 hours and 15 minutes from a household outlet
- average fuel consumption (combined) of 2.1–1.9 litres/100 km (134.5–148.7 mpg imp)
- at least 370 liters of luggage compartment volume; the rear seat offer a 40:20 40 split
- EU-empty weight of 1735 kg (3,825 lbs)
- price $44,695 including $995 Destination & Handling
BMW 330e Specs From LA Auto Show - Click to Enlarge (thanks to Warren M)
BMW 330e Gets A Little Extra Badging