The 2016 Nissan Leaf adds range and a modern new battery, but still hates the year ahead. We explain the MPG-boosting tech you probably never thought of, and run down the most popular EVs on the road.
Brian Cooley wonders:
"Nissan Leaf, EV missionary or right car at the wrong time."
One of Cooley's first observations is that the LEAF is "ugly". It has never been a car prided on its aesthetic, but style doesn't break a car, in our opinion.
On the inside, however, he points out that there is a barrage of electronics, buttons, and displays to keep your eyes busy.
2016 Nissan LEAF
- Range: 84 to 107 mi battery-only
- MPGe: Up to 126 city / 101 highway
- Battery: 24-30 kWh 360 V lithium-ion
- Engine: Electric
- 8 years, 100,000 miles warranty on SV and SL trims
- 5 years, 60,000 miles warranty on the base S trim
- Bose premium sound and multi-camera package on upper models
- Nissan LEAF S – $29,010
- Nissan LEAF SV – $34,200
- Nissan LEAF SL – $36,790