JB Straubel At CERAWeek
A Younger, Thinner JB Straubel Does A Little "Walk And Talk" In This IDG Interview From 2013
- It has “next generation” Tesla tech.
- It’s about the size of an Audi A4.
- It will wow everyone with features.
- Every EV component, from battery innards to electric motors, is quickly dropping in price.
- Lithium is plentiful already, but could be extracted from ocean water in the future.
*Editor's Note: This and countless other Tesla-related posts appear on TeslaMondo. Check it out here.
Some Straubel quotes from IHS Energy CERAWeek in Houston:
"We don’t really need more performance, we don’t really need much more range, we need to focus on cost"
Expanding on costs outside the battery:
"Basically every single part of that electric vehicle ecosystem is dropping substantially"