Chevrolet Volt will cross 100,000 sales with new 2016 MY
Since late 2010 through to mid-2015 there are 6 plug-in electric car models with sales that exceed 50,000 and 9 with over 25,000 sales.
Only one exceeds 175,000.
Here is a sales comparison of best selling cars worldwide, according to HybridCars.com:
- Nissan LEAF - around 177,000
- Chevrolet Volt (Holden Volt, Opel Ampera, Vauxhall Ampera) - around 93,000
- Tesla Model S - around 73,000
- Toyota Prius PHV - around 71,000
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV - over 60,000
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV (with other MiEVs and Peugeot iOn, Citroen C-Zero) - around 50,000
- BYD Qin - 27,351
- Renault ZOE - 26,296
- BMW i3 - 25,785