Tesla Model 3 Rendering (via auto-moto based on Ford concept design)
Tesla Model 3 Renderings
At Tesla's annual shareholder meeting, some discussion focused on the upcoming Tesla Model 3.
Here's a brief rundown of what was revealed:
- Two-wheel-drive will be standard (expected to be RWD, but not confirmed)
- All-wheel-drive to be optional
- Price still pegged to be $35,000
- Range could top 250 miles
- Launch timeline for AWD not mentioned
Quoting Elon Musk on the topic of AWD for the Model 3:
“In order to keep the car as affordable as possible, the standard version of the car would have single motor, but we’ll offer dual motor as an option."
“The base version of the Model 3 would be single motor, but it still will have very good traction control. In fact, even before we were shipping the dual motor, our highest sales per capita in the world… was in Norway.”