All the pieces of the puzzles are slowly coming together.
Remember this 200-mile Chevy Sonic EV report, in which we state it would launch in 2016?
Our how 'bout our exclusive report on General Motors working with focus groups on 200-mile electric car?
Well, if you've been following our various Bolt/Sonic/200-mile electric Chevy reports over the last year or so, then most of this latest leaked info will fall under the category of "Yes, InsideEVs told us this months ago." It all largely confirms what we've reported numerous times in the past, but it's from new sources, with some additional insider info.
Here are the important bits (via Detroit News):
- General Motors Co. is expected to announce next week at the Chicago Auto Show that it will build the all-electric Chevrolet Bolt at its Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township
- In November, GM said it would invest $160 million into Orion for tooling and equipment for a future vehicle, but GM didn’t name it.
- LMC Automotive is forecasting the Bolt would go into production at Orion in late 2016 and would go on sale in 2017
- High 20,000 to low 30,000 range of the Chevy electric car annually once production is ramped up
- Sonic and Bolt will be built off the same 'platform'
Source: Detroit News