"DISCLAIMER: Tesla Motors Inc. was not involved and did not endorse neither author, nor ELEKS Ltd. in experiments and application described in this article. TESLA logo and brand name were removed from this article under request of Tesla Motors Inc." - Eleks' Labs.
Eleks Labs has developed a Tesla Model S app (unofficial) that works with Apple Watch.
Just like the Model S' smart phone app, you can control features on the Model S like climate, sunroof, lock, unlock, etc.
Not to deter you, but Eleks ran into a few small issues due mainly to the newness of the Apple Watch:
- The smart watch has an accelerometer and a gyroscope but when developing, you have no access to them.
- There is Bluetooth but it can only connect to your iPhone and it’s also not available for developers.
- Apple watch display is touch sensitive but if you’re developing, only Force Touch, which is used to display the shortcut menu, is available to you.
- The system of tactile notifications TapTic Engine is, unfortunately, also unavailable.
- You also don’t have access to the built-in speaker and microphone.
- It kind of has GPS but only on your iPhone.
For now, the video above and these images will give you an idea of how the Model S app works.
All of the different controls.
Apple Watch w/ Tesla Model S app.