Croatian company DOK-ING (builders of demining and firefighting robots) introduced its XD concept of a small luxury city car almost five years ago at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show and in 2011 even brought it to the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The second version of this prototype is called Loox and maintains most of the original specification.
It's a three seater (1+2) with two or four motors, 45 kW each. For such a small car, weight of 1300 kg (2,866 lbs), 90 kW of power and 360 Nm of torque translates to 130 km/h (81 mph) top speed and 7.7 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph).
33 kWh battery pack gives it range of up to 220 km (135 miles).
The specs look extraordinary, however the price would be closer to Tesla Model S60 than a smart fortwo electric drive.
"Designed as a luxury city car, LOOX is at the same time built for more adventurous delight in driving and speed. DOKING space Frame (DSF) aluminum chassis with crashworthiness design and high torsion stiffness provides safety and stability. Battery space in the middle of the chassis and 2 or 4 electric motors symmetrically integrated in the front and rear sections ensure low center of gravity and ideal ration of mass which improves sport driving performance.
A contender when it comes to choosing luxury, the new LOOX challenges the roads with fine curves, elegant wheels and stunning Y designed seating interior. It fulfills the dream of driving, or better yet, being driven, in a unique frame and body, while at the same time having final assembly details handcrafted in premium materials, completed to each customers' individual demands.
In designing and manufacturing LOOX, DOK-ING used it vast experience as a global leader in production of remotely controlled, diesel, hybrid, and electric powered vehicles of different purpose. The outstanding history of innovation was a foundation of present production of demining, firefighting and underground mining vehicles, being at the same time very concrete and trustworthy basis for the technological and technical solutions and safety features for the electric car."
FACTS & FIGURES
- Comfortable interior provided by its measures – 2,9 m in long, 1,7 m wide and 1,6 m high
- Zero to 100km/h in 7,7 sec
- Zero CO2 emission while driving
- Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO 4) batteries controlled by DOK-ING's Battery Management System
- The 32kWh batteries enabling the range of over 200 km
- Charging time - 3 to 8 hours depending on the source
- Two or four 45kW (60bhp) electric engines controlled by electronic system developed by DOK-ING
- Aluminum chassis and carbon body
- Y design in seating three adults
- 360 degree airbags, integrated safety system for electronic stability and ABS brakes
- Gullwing system for doors
- Low Cv factor of 0.35
- Original driver interface (communication between the driver and the car)
DIMENSIONS Length 2970 mm Width 1800 mm Height 1600 mm ENGINE Motor AC Electric Brushless Net vehicle weight 1300 kg Power 90 kW (120 HP) Torque (constant) 360 Nm Top speed 130 km/h Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 7,7 s Brakes Electro regenerative Driving modes Economic - Comfort - Sport BATTERIES Batteries Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4), 33 kWh Range 220 km Typical charging time: 0 - 80% 6 h (230V, 16A) 0 - 100% 8 h (230V, 16A) Consumption 14 kWh/100 km BODY Number of seats 3 Number of doors 3 including tailgate Seat belts 3 points, seat integrated
Hat tip to Warren & Sara Eldberg!!!
DOK-ING XD concept at the Los Angeles Auto Show in 2011:
DOK-ING electric cars: