Look at All of Them Electrified Daimlers
The 2014 Paris Motor Show was a good opportunity to talk a little bit with Daimler about alternative drive systems and here we have an interview with Jochen Eck, the man in charge of development of electric engines & testing at Daimler.
Among several topics discussed are:
- high fuel economy of Mercedes-Benz S 500 plug-in hybrid
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive
- cooperation with Tesla, which is called "perfect partner"
- fuel cell hybrid vehicles, which is one of the center point of Daimler strategy
- and Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive
"Thomas Halaczinsky talks with Jochen Eck (in charge of development for electric engines & testing) about Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive, Mercedes-Benz S 500 PLUG-IN Hybrid as well as Daimler’s strategy concerning electric vehicles."