Dual Head ABB Terra 53 Fast Charger
Back in April, the state of Maryland announced its future "Maryland Fast Charging Network." Details related to that network are now available. Here are some highlights:
- All fast charging sites will be required to have CHAdeMO and SAE Combo, either in a dual unit setup or two separate stations.
- $1 million in funding will be provided for a statewide fast charging network
- The program will fund somewhere between 20 and 40 fast-charge stations
- Proposed locations are shown on the map above
- DC fast-charge stations will not be free. An undisclosed fee will be imposed
- All fast chargers must be located either within 1⁄2 mile of Federal or State highway exits or within Metropolitan areas
"Distances between stations should be less than 30 miles in Western Maryland, 40 miles in Central Maryland, 40 to 60 miles in the Eastern Shore and Southern Maryland."
"... installation of all stations should be completed by October 1, 2016."
Source: Plug In Sites