Ever wanted to design and help build the next generation of battery facilities?
Well, if you are a skilled architect (or just really good at padding your resumé), that could be you - as the company has placed a want ad online for that position.
Architect Wanted Ad
Besides being really good at what you do, Tesla is also looking for you to be able to work on the road most of the time, be ok living in dusty half-constructed war zones, and have a "never say die" attitude...basically you are the Mad Max of architects.
The official job description reads as follows:
...just another day on the old Tesla job site (Mad Max via Warner Bros)
Tesla is looking for an Architect to assist in the design and construction of advanced manufacturing facilities. Like our products, these facilities must be innovative.
This person must be highly motivated and organized with a clear focus on driving multiple projects with aggressive deadlines and budgets. This role will help the infrastructure group design and construct leading edge facilities that target world-class efficient output and carbon neutrality.
This full time role requires the flexibility of traveling when needed (up to 70%) and doing whatever it takes to achieve project objectives.
- Promote and protect Tesla’s reputation as a cutting-edge company producing the world’s most exciting cars and shifting the paradigm of personal transportation worldwide
- Manage multiple construction projects through design, build and qualification
- Duties may include: Project Management, functional layouts, building design, site analysis, cost estimates, code review, space planning, design visualization, schematic design development and contract documentation.
- Master's Degree in Architecture from a top university
- 5+ yrs of direct construction experience designing high-tech infrastructure and operational facilities (semiconductor, solar, battery, waste water treatment plants, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with multiple engineering disciplines
- Background in high voltage power generation, heavy civil, wastewater, manufacturing operational construction
- Working knowledge of OSHA and UBC codes and HAZMAT safety protocols
- Desire to do the impossible with a positive and professional “never say die” attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface at an executive level
- Proven track record of managing budgets and evaluating construction related quotes and contracts.
- Strong desire to be a part of a world class team focused on achieving amazing results
- Excellent written and spoken English. Additional European or Asian language a plus
- Happy to travel and stay for extended periods of time at construction sites
Currently, Tesla is prepping at least one site for their new $5 billion dollar Gigafactory, including a location in Reno Nevada (video), after signing a deal with Panasonic to partner in the project earlier last month.
So if this job is for you, here is where you can apply for the job.