Audi A3 e-tron Live in Detroit
Audi has released official pricing for the Audi A3 e-tron Sportback in Germany: €37,900 (or ~$51,525 USD).
However, in announcing pricing, Audi slipped in a mention of its launch schedule for the A3 e-tron in Germany and Central Europe. That mention, Winter 2014, represents a massive delay.
According to previous Audi announcements, the A3 e-tron was due to launch in Europe in Spring of 2014, so it's now been pushed back some 9 months or so in total.
Audi's latest announcement in regards to US availability of its A3 Sportback e-tron is “early 2015,” though we suspect that will be pushed back significantly now too.
Specs for the A3 e-tron, at least those we know, break out like this:
- The Audi A3 Sportback e-tron accelerates to a speed of 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in just 7.6 seconds
- It has a top speed of 222 km/h (137.94 mph).
- Its average fuel consumption is just 1.5 liters of gasoline per 100 kilometers (156.81 US mpg)
- It offers a 50 kilometers - NEDC (31.07 miles) driving range in electric mode (look for about 22 miles on the US EPA scale)
- Total driving range is 940 kilometers (584.09 miles).
- The battery of the A3 Sportback e-tron has an energy capacity of 8.8 kWh and can be charged in less than 2.5 hours using a 16 A electrical outlet.
- The five-door, five-seat vehicle has weight of 1,580 kilograms (3,483.30 lb)
"In Germany, Audi will sell the A3 Sportback E-Tron at select dealerships. The service departments of those 100 or so dealers will get special training to work with the high-voltage technology used by the plug-in hybrid. These locations will also feature free-to-use charging stations for customers."