Sport Auto's Christian Gebhardt pilots the Porsche 918 Spyder in an acceleration run from 0 to 207 MPH.
Jealous? You bet we are.
Officially, the 918 Spyder can reach a top speed of 214 MPH, but that takes a lot of road to achieve. We're thinking 207 MPH is fast, but why stop there?
Honestly, anything over 200 MPH is too fast already. Seeing the 200-mark achieved in a plug-in vehicle makes it all the more spectacular, don't you think?
When combined with the gas engine, the car puts out 874 hp and 944 lb-ft of torque. When operating on electricity only, the car has a range of about 20 miles, and a 0-62 time in forced EV mode of 6.1 seconds.
Other specs of note:
- 0 to 62 MPH in 2.5 seconds
- 0 to 124 MPH in 7.2 seconds
- 0 to 186 MPH in 19.9 seconds
- 4.6-Liter V8 Puts Out 599 HP
- Total Power From Engine and 2 Electric Motors is 875 HP at 8,500 RPM