BMW C Evolution
- Liquid-cooled permanent magnet synchronous motor
- Power output is 11 kW (15 hp)
- Peak output of 35 kW (47 hp).
- Top speed of 120 km/h (75 mph, electronically limited)
- Out accelerates some ICE maxi scooter with engines sized 600cc and up
- 8 kWh capacity of the air-cooled lithium-ion high-voltage battery
- Range of up to 100 kilometres (62 miles)
- Full recharge takes 4 hours on @ 220V /12A
BMW has officially announced that its factory in Berlin, Germany is now making the C Evolution. Series production is underway.
One interesting aspect of the C Evolution is that it makes use of the same lithium-ion modules found in the BMW i3. Three of these modules, each containing 12 battery cells, are packaged in an aluminum die-cast housing in the C Evolution.
We still don't have official US pricing for the C Evolution, but we think a ballpark estimate of $15,000 or so is close for a starting point, considering that it retails for 15,520 Euro in the Netherlands and close to that same amount elsewhere in Europe.