GM Employees In Hamtramck, MI Probably Looking Forward To Working On Something New
Earlier this month, we learned that the 2nd generation of the Chevrolet Volt would be debuting next year as a 2016 model, and that part of this debut would be "evolutionary styling changes," as reported by Edmunds.
Now, AutoBlogGreen has done a follow-up interview with Pam Fletcher, GM's executive chief engineer, Electrified Vehicles that everyone should check out.
Some of the topics of interest covered (with condensed answers):
- Does the Chevrolet Volt need a 4 cylinder engine? (not really)
- Is the range-extender engine due for an update? (working on it)
- More plug-ins from GM? (yes)
- More GM vehicles with EREV tech coming? (maybe)
- Has the Opel Ampera in Europe been successful (hey, look at the lovely trees outside my office)
- What is the focus of the next gen Chevy Volt? (bringing costs down)
- Does more range matter? Will 2nd gen get more? (you know we are still selling the current gen right?)