The Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid is almost upon us.
Though Porsche has not officially confirmed the Cayenne S E-Hybrid for production, we can say with 99% accuracy that it's coming soon. Why else would it be out conducting winter tests?
(*Though we can't post images of the Cayenne S E-Hybrid here due to copyright infringement issues, Car Scoops has shots of the plug-in Porsche SUV out in the wild.)
The Cayenne S E-Hybrid will be the automaker’s first plug-in hybrid SUV.
The Cayenne S E-Hybrid will feature the same powertrain (perhaps with some minor tweaks) found in the plug-in Panamera.
- 3.0-liter V6 gas engine
- 416 total hp
- 20-ish miles of electric-only range
Additional Panamera S E-Hybrid specs (expected to be nearly identical for the Cayenne S E-Hybrid) posted below:
- 95 hp electric motor
- Electricity is stored in a 9.4-kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- Top speed in electric-only mode is 84 mph
- Top speed 167 mph with the gas engine cranking
- Panamera S E-hybrid accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds
Source: Car Scoops