Tesla Model S Priced at $121,000 USD in China
With Tesla pricing its Model S at $121,000 in China and word that there's a possibility that Tesla will open a factory in China in the not-too-distant future, we wondered if there was more to present on Tesla's Chinese affairs.
Base Price in China for 85 kWh Version
Turns out, there is all sorts of Tesla/China info out there.
- Tesla expects China to contribute one-third (30 to 35% to word it as Tesla does) of its global sales growth in 2014
- 10 to 12 Tesla stores are expected to be open in China by the end of 2014
- Tesla Model S does not qualify for China's zero-emissions purchase subsidies for buyers, as only domestically built EVs can qualify for what amounts to ~$17,000 off MSRP.
- Tesla is in the process of hiring hundreds of employees in China right now
- Tesla plans to install a Supercharger network in China