BMW i3 Lease Quote
This is an actual lease quote for a BMW i3 obtained by InsideEVs contributor and BMW ActiveE driver George Betak.
There are a couple issues with this quote that we'll point out.
- 1. The money factor is higher than BMW's preliminary finance/lease info lists for the i3. This is due to dealer markup.
- 2. This is a 12,000-mile per year quote, not the 15,000 miles listed in BMW's finance/lease info obtained exclusively by InsideEVs.
- 3. This is a high-side quote, as Betak and others note being able to obtain monthly i3 lease rates in the upper $700 range to mid $800s.
- 4. This quote was obtained in California.
- 5. This quote is for a nearly loaded i3 REx
Here's a Look at the i3 Preliminary Finance/Lease Document Obtained From a Dealer Contact by InsideEVs
If BMW alters the i3's financials downward, then we believe we're deserving of a pat on the back for convincing the automaker that its lease terms are out of touch with the times.
If BMW doesn't alter the financials, then this "preliminary" document will become final.
60 kWh Model S With No Options - Note: A Model S Cannot Be Leased - It's Basically a Long-Term Buy With a Guaranteed Residual