While the Kia isn't scheduled to begin deliveries of its first ever mass produced EV - the Soul EV until the 3rd quarter of this year in the United States, that hasn't stopped their marketing department from promoting the EV in this new "Recharge Your Soul" spot.
Overall the spot is a pretty decent first attempt as it gets all the basics out; but also features things like the power front charging latch (not sure if this will be such a hot idea on the middle of winter in the north), and driver only "energy saving ventilation."
It should be noted this was put out by Kia globally, so range is estimated at 200 km (124 miles); and while they do have "2nd gen"/higher battery density lithium cells in the Soul EV (more details on that here), Kia has chosen to still only pack 27 kWh worth of them inside. Check out the rest of the specs below:
- 109 HP
- 210 Pound-feet of torque
- 27 kWh lithium polymer battery pack
- Estimated US EPA range of 85 miles
- Recharge in under 5 hours on 240 volt (via 6.6 kW on-board charger) or a 80% in about half an hour via CHAdeMO quick charge
- 0 to 62 MPH in less than 12 seconds
- Top speed of 90 MPH
- Projection type headlamps
- LED positioning lamps