With complete registration data now in (KBA PDF in German), we can definitively say that thew BMW i3 has taken over the crown as the #1 selling plug-in vehicle in Germany.
Here's a look at the Top 5 sales results for January:
- BMW i3: 159
- Volkswagen e-Up!: 109
- Smart ED: 106
- Nissan LEAF: 71
- BMW i3 REx: 70
There are a few points worth noting from that Top 5 list.
- The Nissan LEAF is the only vehicle on the list not made by a German automaker
- Combined, BMW i3 and BMW i3 REx sales equal 229 - or more than three times the 71 LEAFs sold.
- The usual top runner, the Smart ED, has been knocked all the way down to 3rd
- VW e-Up! sales remain relatively strong
The remaining plug-ins sold in lower volume in Germany. Here's the rest of the pack:
Renault Zoe Not in the Top 5, But Leads the "Rest of the Pack" Group by a Decent Margin
- Renault Zoe: 48
- Volvo V60 PHEV: 32
- Tesla Model S: 30
- Opel Ampera: 16
- Toyota Prius Plug In Hybrid: 10
- Ford Focus EV : 5
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV: 3
- Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV: 3
- Kia Soul EV: 2
- Citroen C-Zero: 2
- Peugeot Ion: 2
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class: 1
Hat tip to Surprise Cat!!!