Chevrolet Volt, Built In Hamtramck, Michigan
Could it be true that the Chevrolet Volt is the most-awarded vehicle in recent US automotive history?
Chevy Volt in Concept Form
Hybrid Cars seems to believe that may be the case and once you've looked upon this list compiled by Hybrid Cars' frontman Jeff Cobb, you might well agree:
- The Detroit News invites 100 readers at NAIAS to select their favorite vehicles in a variety of categories: Chevrolet Volt named Most Earth Friendly for being the greenest vehicle at the show (1/15/10)
- Named “Best of Show” at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show – Best Green Vehicle (25 percent of vote)
- The Volt makes the 2011 North American Car of the Year Short List.
- Popular Mechanics October issues names Chevy Volt a 2010 Breakthrough Technology Winner
- Popular Mechanics also salutes the Volt as a “Brilliant Idea”
- Popular Mechanics names Volt on list of top ten vehicles for 2011 (11/11/10).
- Chevrolet Volt Named Motor Trend 2011 Car of the Year (11/16/10)
- Automobile Magazine recognized Chevrolet Volt as its 2011 Car of the Year on its Facebook page (11/16/10)
- Volt Named Automobile Magazine 2011 Automobile of the Year (11/17/10), and Technology of the Year award
- Chevy Volt Named 2011 Green Car of the Year – Green Car Journal (11/19/10)
- Car and Driver editors named the Chevrolet Volt and the Cadillac CTS to their annual 10Best list. (11/23/10)
- Ward’s 10 Best Engines – 1.4L I-4 EREV – Chevrolet Volt nominated
- Popular Science – 2010 Best of What’s New (Dec. issue) – 2011 Chevrolet Volt
- Chevrolet Game-Changer Award which, announced by the US Renewable Energy Association (11/30/10).
- The propulsion system on the 2011 Chevrolet Volt is among the winners of the automotive industry’s “Ten Best Engines” for 2011 in North America as determined by Ward’s AutoWorld magazine (12/7/10).
- General Motors received a Golden Spike Award from the National Alliance for Advanced Technology Batteries for its effort to bring one of the first modern, mainstream electric vehicles to market with the launch of the 2011 Chevrolet Volt (12/10/10).
- Bloomberg’s Auto Columnist Jason H. Harper releases ‘Best of List’ and names Chevrolet Volt as ‘Green Car of the Year’ and ‘Best Car of the Year,’ overall (12/16/10). In his second annual ‘Best Of’ list, this is the first time that a single car has taken two spots, and writes that, “The Volt is the right car for right now.”
- Detroit Free Press named Chevrolet Volt ‘Car of the Year’ (12/30/10)
- Chevrolet Volt received the Electric Car of the Year Award from China Auto News and cnautonews.com. (12/30/10)
- Volt makes Kelley Blue Book’s ‘Freshman Car Class” 10 New Names for 2011’ List (1/3/11)
- Volt named Car of the Year at the North American International Auto Show (1/10/11).
GM CEO Dan Akerson in Front of Chevy Volt
- Eddie Alterman, editor and chief of Car and Driver magazine visited Detroit Hamtramck Assembly and presented the Chevrolet Volt with the 2011 Car and Driver 10Best Awards (1/21/11)
- MotorWeek recognized the Chevrolet Volt with the “Best of the Year” 2011 Driver’s Choice Award and recognized as the best overall for “Best Eco-Friendly”(2/11/11)
- Chevrolet Volt receives the ‘Fuel Sippers’ award in the Budget and Green category for the Car and Driver Editors’ Choice 2011 Awards (2/25/11)
- Chevrolet Volt was awarded ‘Best Value for Inaugural Eco Category’ by Vincentric’s Best Value in America (3/4/11)
- Chevrolet Volt awarded Top Safety Pick by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)– achieving “good” scores in four types of crash tests (4/2011)
- Chevrolet Volt named 2011 World Green Car at the New York Auto International Auto (4/2011)
- Chevrolet Volt Wins Gold Medal in 2011 Edison Awards part of the”2011 Best New Product in Transportation – Remote Driving Aids Segment (4/2011)
- 2011 Chevrolet Volt – Kelley Blue Book’s Top 10 Green Cars of 2011 (4/2011)
- Chevrolet Volt 4-door hatch awarded Kiplinger’s Personal Finance – Worth a Look (3/7/2012)
Plug In or Gas Up...With the Volt the Choice is Yours
- 2012 Chevrolet Volt named one of the Best Green Cars of 2012 by Kelley Blue Book. (4/17/2012)
- 2012 Chevrolet Volt named one of the Top 10 Cars that Reignite the American Dream (7/13/2012)
- The Chevrolet Volt is the winner of the 2013 Consumer Guide Automotive Best Buy Award for the new electric category. (10/11/12)
- Winner of Kelley Blue Book – 2012 Best Resale Value for an Electric Car
- Winner of Kelley Blue Book – 2012 Total Cost of Ownership for an Electric Car
- The Chevrolet Volt achieved The Car Book’s 2013 BEST BETS distinction in the 33rd edition of America’s first consumer car buying guide. (2/1/2013)
- Edmunds.com – Top 5 Consumer Favorite – Best Hybrid (2013)
- Award recipient of J.D. Power’s 2014 Vehicle Dependability Study (Segment Award, Compact Car) (02/12/2014)
If you're a Volt fan, then be sure to check out GM-Volt.com.
Source: Hybrid Cars