"With this BMW TV series you can get a closer look at the BMW i8. This time you can get more information about the performance of the BMW i8 as an integral part of the vehicle."
So, with performance being the focus of this video, here's a sampling of what BMW highlights:
- 3-cylinder engine with 228 hp and 236 pound-feet of torqu
- 152 hp per liter
- Front electric motor spins out 129 hp and 184 pound-feet of torque
- Additional rear electric motor pumps out 13 hp and 81 pound-feet of torque
- Rear motor mainly recharges the battery pack, but it can help to smooth power delivery.
- Total hp is 357
- Total torque is 420 pound-feet