Here is a couple things you might not know:
- There is a "Green Car Technology Award," and it is given out at the ...
- Washington Auto Show - which is a real show, honest.
BMW i3 CFRP Passenger Cell: BMW engineers an industry first with its use of a lightweight Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Passenger Cell in a production vehicle.
Cadillac ELRs Get Loaded Up Outside Their Hamtramck, Michigan Assembly Facililty
Cadillac ELR Regen on Demand: This system allows drivers paddle shifter control of regenerative braking and deceleration to recapture energy and create on board electricity.
2014 Honda Accord PHEV
Honda Accord Plug-In Powertrain: Achieving up to 115 MPGe, Honda’s Earth Dreams plug-in powerplant allows driving in electric, hybrid, or fuel-only modes.
2014 Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid
Porsche Plug-In Hybrid Powertrain: Fast and powerful, Porsche’s plug-in hybrid powerplant brings exceptional performance and allows all-electric driving up to 84 mph.
Also in the running...just so you know who (and what) the plug-ins are up against:
- Acura Sport Hybrid SH-AWD Powertrain: This three-motor, all-wheel drive Earth Dreams sport hybrid system blends high levels of performance and efficiency
- Audi 3.0-liter TDI Diesel Engine: Audi’s 3.0-liter turbo direct injection engine with start-stop enables full-size vehicles to offer high fuel efficiency and great performance
- Ford 1.0-liter EcoBoost Engine: Ford’s smallest EcoBoost engine applies direct injection and turbocharging to eke hybrid-like 45 highway mpg from the 2014 Fiesta
- Hyundai Fuel Cell: which makes us sad, so we refuse to acknowledge its existence
- Mazda i-ELOOP Brake Energy Regeneration System: A unique capacitor-based regenerative braking system designed to reduce parasitic engine losses that rob mpg
- Ram Truck 3.0-Liter EcoDiesel Engine: The first clean diesel engine for light-duty trucks in the U.S., the EcoDiesel powerplant is efficient and approved for B20 biodiesel