Gear up for the next plug-in hybrid to bear a Porsche badge.
Following the successful launch of the Porsche 918 Spyder plug-in hybrid and the Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid (plug in too), Porsche is now developing a Cayenne plug-in hybrid.
Likely to be called the Cayenne S E-Hybrid, this Porsche will be the automaker's first plug-in hybrid SUV.
The Cayenne S E-Hybrid will almost surely share the powertrain found in the plug-in Panamera.
- 3.0-liter V6 gas engine
- 416 total hp
- 20-ish miles of electric-only range
The plug-in hybrid version of the Cayenne will likely spell the end of the conventional hybrid Cayenne, same as it did for the Panamera line.
Additional Panamera S E-Hybrid specs (expected to be nearly identical for the Cayenne S E-Hybrid) posted below:
- 95 hp electric motor
- Electricity is stored in a 9.4-kWh lithium-ion battery pack
- Top speed in electric-only mode is 84 mph
- Top speed 167 mph with the gas engine cranking
- Panamera S E-hybrid accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds