The annual SEMA show in Las Vegas, Nevada is often where you'll see some of the world's most radical automobiles.
Tech Performance Spark EV
While most SEMA debuts are of the gas-guzzling, extreme horsepower type, this debut will be electrifying.
Genera Motors says it'll bring all sorts of concepts to display at SEMA in early November (Nov. 5-8), but the only one that interests us is the Chevy Spark EV Tech Performance.
Spark EV Tech Performance Concept
A pure-electric urban mini-car designed for fun driving, easy ownership and head-turning style, the Spark EV uses no gasoline, but its GM-built motor and drive unit deliver 400 lb-ft of instant torque – more than the classic 1969 Camaro SS muscle car with a 350 V-8 – for exhilarating acceleration. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds.
The Tech Performance concept builds on Spark EV’s performance with a unique power-delivery algorithm that enhances acceleration. Stronger axles support the greater power – helping transform this electric mini car into a mini-muscle car. Additional features:
Spark EV Tech Performance
- Custom exterior color and graphics, a unique backlit Chevrolet “bowtie” emblem in the grille and performance billet aluminum wheels
- Chevrolet Accessory sill plates, floor mats and pedal covers
- Body-color trim plates and green stitching on the shifter boot and steering wheel
- A military-style flip-up “activation switch” on the instrument panel adds a fun, high-performance-oriented touch of style to this plug-in performer
- Lightweight features that enhance performance