With the first BMW i3s officially being delivered on November 16th, the German auto maker is wasting no time letting the locals (and by locals we mean Europeans) know that they are in the plug-in game, saying that "the time to become electric is now" in an all-new TV spot.
BMW Advertising Hits The Road Running With The i3
We might not see commercials for the 90-odd mile EV (EPA estimate) with option range extender just quite yet with the plug-in not scheduled to arrive in the US until the Spring, the time is now in Europe.
Just for fun, here is some random pricing from around the world:
- US starting from $41,350 all-electric, from $45,200 with 80-90 miles extender option - deliveries start Q2 2014
- Demark from 282.000 DKK ($50,000 USD - deliveries start in May 2014
- Norway from 237,100 Norwegian krone ($39,100 USD) - deliveries start in November
- Germany from 34,950 euros ($48,000 USD) - deliveries start in November
- Netherlands from 35,500 euros ($48,900 USD), from 39,990 with range extender
- UK from £25,680 - post £5k rebate ($41,500), with leases from £369 ($596 USD), deliveries start in November
- Canada from $44,950, with deliveries sometime in the "first half" of 2014