Volkswagen’s CrossBlue plug-in hybrid concept looks to be bound for production. Though it's still called a concept, the vehicle seen here looks ready to go.
Making its US debut at the 2013 LA Motor Show, VW officially says that the CrossBlue PHEV is targeted directly at US buyers who, as we all know, adore SUV-ish crossovers.
Here are the latest specs on the CrossBlue that took to the stage in LA:
- Five-seat SUV concept is based off the new MQB architecture and features a plug-in V6 gasoline-electric hybrid drivetrain
- Concept features dramatic new interpretation of Volkswagen design DNA
- 415-horsepower gasoline-hybrid concept is capable of 70 MPGe
- The vehicle can travel up to 13 miles as an EV at speeds of up to 75 mph
- Top speed of 147 mph; 0 to 60 mph in just 5.8 seconds
- Turbocharged direct-injection (TSI) V6 gasoline engine works together with two electric motors to produce as much as 415 horsepower
- In hybrid mode, it allows for a theoretical range of around 570 miles
We firmly believe VW will green light the CrossBlue (perhaps under a different name) soon, so stay tuned for more on this one.