Because These Days Twitter is How You Recruit Extreme Talent
Tesla CEO Elon Musk hit the Twitterwaves yesterday in search of recruits to head up the automaker's effort to put an autopilot Tesla on the road within three years.
Aside from Musk's triple Tweet, there's this autopilot-specific job posting (Tesla lists a total of 838 job openings worldwide) at Tesla:
Hardware Engineer - Radar
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla’s Model S is the world’s first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine’s 2013 Automobile of the Year® and Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year®.
Tesla Motors is seeking a Radar Hardware Engineer who has 3-10 years of design and release responsibility on sensors (Radar, Cameras, Lidar, and Ultrasound)/active safety systems. This engineer will be responsible for translating Tesla’s autopilot roadmap into active safety features and into requirements. The engineer will actively drive the features into production and evaluate future technologies.
· Strong expertise in Radar sensing and radar development
· Experience in designing next-generation radar hardware, including PCBA and , Antenna design
· Experience in RF/IF design for Radar systems
· Good knowledge in latest technologies and trends
· Experience in algorithm development for sensor signal processing and sensor fusion
· Experience in developing system verification and vehicle testing procedures for radar systems
· Experience in packaging, calibration and tuning of radar systems
· Experience in executing project from start to finish across multiple disciplines
· Knowledge in system integration of sensors and control hardware
· Knowledge in design of electronics, DSP algorithms and automotive communication networks
· Ability to perform simulations (Simulink/Matlab) with support from other experts
· Engineer should define Hardware interfaces and state machines.
· Bachelor’s in Engineering with minimum 5 years of experience
· has experience developing a radar from scratch
· have solid technical depth in radar and active safety systems.
· Ability to communicate and drive suppliers
· Be skilled working with cross functional team-members from multiple disciplines to reach fact-based decisions
· Strong problem solving skills and desire to work in fast paced environment
· Hands-on experience designing and debugging products