ClipperCreek must have been listening closely to us and, as such, responded to public demand by offering the world's smallest cord-and-plug-connected 20-Amp Level 2 charger available today.
Ease of install and portability are the main reasons you'd buy this unit, which simply plugs into a 240-volt outlet. There's no hardwiring required, which means that this unit is highly portable. It's plug-and-play, as we like to say.
Called the LCS-25P (P = portable), this US-made unit is almost identical to the robust LCS-25 that ClipperCreek has been selling for $495 for awhile now.
ClipperCreek is often praised by users, so we expect this portable unit to uphold the EVSE maker's image.
The LCS-25P retails for $549 and comes with a 3-year warranty. It costs $0 to install, provided that you have an existing 240-volt outlet nearby. It comes with a 25-foot cord, which means it's easy to use this single unit to charge multiple vehicles without moving them around.
Additional details and specs are as follows:
Two Different Plug Versions Are Available -NEMA L6-30 Shown Here
- Easy to install– Plug connected
- Reclosure technology –if your car can be charged, it will be charged–guaranteed
- Lights–indicates charging status
- Cord Hanger–low profile stores cord and connector out of the way
- 25 Ft Charging cable
- Minimal standby power consumption (no on/off switch required)
- Service Entrance: 208V to 240V, 60Hz – 30 Amp Circuit (20A continuous for charging), single phase, 2-wire, with ground (L1, L2, and Ground)– NEMA L6-30 Plug in connection
- 11” L x 4” W x 3” D (279mm L x 102mm W x 76mm D)
- Weight 8 lbs
- Operating Temperatures: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)