Audi’s Sport Quattro Concept will hit the stage at the Frankfurt Motor Show in less than a week, but apparently Audi couldn't wait that long to reveal its plug-in hybrid concept.
So, here it is.
It's a looker, that's for sure, but will Audi green light it? We doubt it.
Here's what we'll be missing out on since it's unlikely this plug-in will ever enter production:
- Twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 pairs with an electric motor to crank out a total of 700 horsepower
- V-8 engine produces 560 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Electric motor puts out 150 horsepower and 295 lb-ft.
- ZF-supplied eight-speed automatic
- Top speed over 190 mph
- 0 to 62 mph in 3.7 seconds.
- Electric-only range of up to 31 miles
- Curb weight of 4,079 pounds
Gallery: Double Click to Enlarge