"Discover the advantages of the all-new electric car from smart. Learn about the convenience of charging, battery energy, low cost, and high efficiency. Accelerate new thinking with the smart electric drive."
That's the tagline of Smart's latest Fortwo Electric Drive advertisement, which is more or less an educational video that tries to briefly touch upon some of these Fortwo ED specs:
Smart ED specs:
- EPA range rating of 68 miles, with the car getting 76 miles in the city and 59 on the highway
- MPGe: 122 city, 93 hwy and 107 combined
- 17.6 kWh lithium battery made by Deutsche ACCUmotive
- 55kW (74 hp) electric motors that puts out 130 Nm (96 lb-ft of torque)
- top speed: 78 mph
- 0 – 62 mph in 11.5 seconds
- 100% charge (240V) in 6 hours
- 80% charge (240V) from 20% to 100% in 4.5 hours, 20% to 80% in 3.5 hours
- all season tires – 155/60R15 on 4.5Jx15 (front), 175/55R15 on 5.5Jx15 (rear)
- length – 106.1 inches (8.8 feet), width – 61.4 inches, (5.1 feet), height – 60.7 inches (5.1 feet)
- US Curb Weight: 2,094 lbs (coupe) 2138 lbs (cabrio)
- Purchase and rent the battery: Smart USA values the battery pack inside the car at $5,010, so if you are purchasing the car, the base net is now $19,990. Vehicle owners are then required to pay $80/per month on a 5 year/60 month term. Smart has a renewal program entering month 61 that lets you extend the deal for another 5 years, at the same $80/month rate.
- Lease and rent the battery: similar to the lease deal, except in this case you are looking at $119 lease and a $80 battery rental
"Find ease in making the switch to electric mobility with the all-new electric car from smart. Discover affordable options of becoming an electric car fortwo owner. Accelerate new thinking with the smart electric drive."