Do You Like The Color Bordeaux Reserve And Want Heated Seats? If So, You Will Have To Buy A Lincoln MKX As The Color Has Been Deleted For 2014
Spring is the time of year when we start to anticipate the changes a new model year may bring to all our favorite plug-ins. And slowly, one by one, over the next two months, all is revealed.
First out of the gate this year (unofficially) is the Ford Fusion Energi. Most likely because Ford's order books on the car opened in late April (and thus we have the new info), with the company starting scheduling for the 2014 model year Fusions at their Hermosillo, Mexico facility on May 16th, for start of production on July 15th, 2013.
Most of the changes listed below are cosmetic, or perhaps features/options that were not quite ready for the mid-year start of the Energi trim level on the Fusion. As a refresher, the plug-in Ford has a 7.6 kWh battery that provides the car with 21 miles of electric range, while the EPA rates the car at 100 MPGe overall, with 43 mpg in extended range mode.
Outgoing Color Choices For The Ford Fusion Energi: Bordeaux Reserve And Ginger Ale
2014 Model Year Ford Fusion Energi changes:
- Heated Steering Wheel (52A) - late availability
- New Colors: Dark Side (BT), Sunset (D7) - which have since had name changes to Darkside Metallic and Sunset Metallic on the 2014 Taurus and Explorer...so we expect the same for the 2014 Fusion Energi when it is made available to the public)
- Deleted Colors: Ginger Ale and Bordeaux Reserve
- New Interior Option: Medium Soft Ceramic on Energi Titanium (late availability)
- New Interior Option: Dune available with Sterling Gray exterior
- New Interior Option: Red Leather Package available on Titanium
- Front Heated and Cooled Seats (46B) - late availability
- Rear Inflatable Seat Belts (67B)
Mechanically, as one would expect after only selling 779 copies through April, the Fusion Energi is unchanged.
Pricing has not yet been announced on the 2014 Fusion Energi, although it is unlikely to change by any significant amount. Next up to be announced for Ford is the 2014 Focus Electric next week, with the 2014 Chevrolet Volt specs/changes to also debut in the next week or two.
Hat tip to our Ford guy Alan C