While at the Geneva Motor Show, Chevrolet and Cadillac Europe President, Susan Docherty take some time to introduce the Spark EV to Europe and talk about some of the 5-door, electric vehicles features.
Spark EV Coming To Europe In About A Year
Ms. Docherty notes that the Spark EV will be someone limited in its initial roll-out, but first deliveries are expected about a year from now, in the first quarter of 2014 to select dealerships throughout Europe; which we take to mean, if they currently sell a Chevrolet Volt (but not the Opel Ampera), they will gain access to the Spark EV.
About the Spark EV:
- will first launch in South Korea this summer, and in the US (to select cities in California and Oregon) later in 2013, Canada in late 2014 as a fleet vehicle at first
- priced at "less than $32,500"in the US before incentives
- 135-horsepower electric motor and 400 pound-feet of torque (although we question the computing method for this figure)
- 0 to 62 mph around 8.2 seconds
- just larger than 20 kWh battery, giving the Spark EV an expected range of about 81 miles (a number quasi-confirmed by GM CEO Akerson this week saying weight reductions had brought the Spark's range up 5 miles to about 80)
- first production vehicle to come with an optional SAE (not CHAdeMO) charging outlet