2013 Nissan LEAF More Accessible To A Greater Number Of Buyers
In what can only be described as a extreme "home field advantage" scenario, Billy Hayes, VP of global sales at Nissan, still talks about the LEAF's sales history and future outlook fairly candidly at Nissan's Global Media Center.
- 50,000 LEAF sales worldwide (:36)
- on the death of EVs as published by many major outlets (1:15)
- in the US, Nissan "can't produce enough LEAFs today..." (1:54)
- new LEAF pricing in play because "new customers (past early-adopters) unwilling to pay for green" (2:18)
- hydrogen fuel cell cars - still a "future technology" (4:30)
- more plug-in competition is a good thing, but "no one in the game the way we are" (5:00)