The car features batteries and an electric motor from the California start up, but (obviously) utilizes Toyota's well known RAV4 framework. Tesla builds the electric powertrain at its plant in Palo Alto (Calif) then ships the completed work to Canada, where the vehicle is assembled in Woodstock, Ontario.
Here are the specs:
- MSRP $49,800
"In Sport mode, the vehicle reaches 0-60 mph in just 7.0 seconds and has a maximum speed of 100 mph. Normal mode achieves 0-60 mph in 8.6 seconds with a maximum speed of 85 mph. Maximum output from the electric powertrain is 154 HP (115kW) @ 2,800 rpm"
- Drag of 0.30 Cd, with a re-styled the front bumper, upper and lower grill, side mirrors, rear spoiler, and under body design to maximize air flow around the vehicle.
- LED low beam projector headlights with halogen projector high beams
- charge time of approximately six hours via Leviton custom 240V (Level 2), 40A, 9.6 kW output charging station
- Range: 100 miles
- 50 kWh battery, 35-37 usable (est)
- electric powertrain rated at 154 HP (115kW) @ 2,800 rpm.
Sales volume is planned for approximately 2,600 units over the next three years. The battery warranty is 8 years or 100,000 miles.