The Ford Focus electric is coming.
Today Ford announced that is has 67 dealers certified and ready to begin selling the car.
It is scheduled to be available nationwide by the end of 2012.
The first 67 dealer are in New York, New Jersey and California where the cars will become available this Spring.
To become certified, the dealers must satisfy the following requirements:
- One of the two required charging stations at the dealership must be in the customer area and the other must be in the service area
- At least one Focus Electric must be available at all times for demonstrations and events
- Of the sales consultant, sales manager, service advisor and service manager jobs at each location, 80 percent must meet specific electric vehicle training certification requirements that cover topics including advanced knowledge of electrification
- Each showroom will have point-of-purchase display materials including digital assets and window signage
- Participation in a Ford Go Green Dealer Onsite Facility Assessment to identify energy and cost saving opportunities with a goal of facilitating energy efficiency, lower operating expenses and carbon footprint reduction