News Flash: DoE To Fund “Highly Innovative” Approaches To Increase Deployment Of Electric Vehicles
The U.S. Department of Energy has announced that it will award up to $4.5 million for “highly innovative approaches to increase the acceptance and deployment” of Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
Those alternative fuel vehicles include:
- Methanol, ethanol, and other alcohols
- Blends of 85% or more of alcohol with gasoline
- Natural gas and liquid fuels domestically produced from natural gas
- Liquefied petroleum gas (propane)
- Coal-derived liquid fuels
- Fuels (other than alcohol) derived from biological materials (including pure biodiesel (B100))
There are 3 different areas listed under this funding opportunity:
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Demonstration and Enhanced Driver Experience Projects
- Alternative Fuel Training for First Responders, Public Safety Officials, and Critical Service Providers
- Incorporating Alternative Fuels into Emergency Response and Preparedness Operations
For more details on this DoE announcement, click here.