New Longer Range Renault ZOE Z.E. 40 Tested – Video
Fully Charged signed up for one of the first opportunities to test out the new, longer range, Renault ZOE Z.E. 40 at the special event in Portugal and filed this video report.
Robert reports that nearly twice the battery capacity leaves range anxiety in the dust, and can in theory provide an extended road trip for up to 400 km, or really about 186 miles (300 km) in normalized driving.
The episode also mentions the cool Z.E. Trip on-board application that searches for charging points, shows the way on the map, and even informs the driver whether or not the EVSE is currently available/free to plug in.
Quick specs on ZOE Z.E. 40:
- 41 kWh battery (LG Chem)
- R90: 250 miles (400 km) under optimistic NEDC conditions, but Renault itself expects a real world range of 186 miles (300 km) or even ~124 miles/200km in extreme cold conditions
Q90: 230 miles (370 km) NEDC or 173 miles (278 km) real
- R90 (longer range, 22 kW charging) and Q90 (shorter range, 43 kW charging)
- 0-62 mph (≈100 km/h) acceleration takes some 13.5 seconds
- top speed is 84 mph (135 km/h)
- 65 kW/88hp electric motor
Hat tip to Adrian!