New 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Shows Up on Videos
The new 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is coming to the Geneva Motor Show, but here get out first chance to check out the updated SUV in video format.
The 2019 model year underwent a facelift – ahead of deeper changes that will be introduced in a few years when the next-generation PHEV powertrain is developed for entire Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance.
From the outside we see new wheels, lights, and front-end design. Battery capacity and power was increased by 15% and 10% respectively. Also, motor power went up by 10%. There are new driving modes (Sport and Snow) and the entire car has become a bit more refined.
See changes in announcement about 2019 version here.
The first video presents the exterior and interior of the car, while the second shows driving performance on snow.
- A 2.4 Atkinson cycle petrol engine replaces the previous regular Otto cycle 2.0 liter. It allows for higher torque, smoother operation, and overall higher efficiency
- The generator output is increased by 10%
- The rear motor output is increased by 10%
- The drive battery capacity is increased by 15% (13.8 kWh instead 12 kWh)
- The drive battery output is increased by 10%
- New Sport and Snow modes
- design tweaks