Mercedes-Benz Road to Zero Emissions by Bart Herring – Video
Javier Mota (Autos 0-60) recently shared an interesting presentation: Mercedes-Benz Road to Zero Emissions.
Bart Herring, who is General Manager – Product Management at Mercedes-Benz USA, states that there is no single solution for the future drivetrains, and that Mercedes isn’t willing to put all eggs into one basket.
German manufacturer intends to:
- continue improve fuel economy of conventional cars, including diesels
- sees great potential in the hydrogen fuel cells, which apparently are the real thing
- introduce more all-electric (BEV) as battery costs are falling, range is growing, and there are new opportunities with wireless charging (or higher power DC fast charging like 150 kW)
- introduce a lot of hybrids/plug-in hybrids coming, which are a bridge to future zero emission (BEVs/FCVs)
- Mercedes-Benz still will develop CNG and LNG alternatives