Meet Project Malibu Tesla Model S P100D By T Sportline
T Sportline presents its customization project for the Tesla Model S P100D – Project Malibu.
The base car is a black 2018 Model S P100D, which got tons of new parts and almost a completely new interior in this bespoke design.
The first step in the process was consultation ahead of ordering to save on features that will be replaced.
“A client came to us looking for advice regarding exterior and interior aesthetic choices for a Model S he was thinking of ordering for the sake of modifying. Even though the car started life as a P100D, it arrived from the factory equipped with Tesla’s base 19” Silver Wheels instead of the optional 21” Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine wheels that are a common sight on most P100Ds that roll out of the company’s Fremont, California, manufacturing facility.”
T Sportline swapped the wheels out with 20% lighter T Sportline 21” TS118 forged wheels that look sweet. On the exterior, the Model S was blacked out and the windows were tinted. Several new parts were added too.
“Additional exterior modifications include our ever popular Chrome Delete Package which wraps all of the Model S’ exterior chrome trim in 3M Satin Black, along with 3M Crystalline window tint, and our Gloss Carbon Fiber Sport Package which includes a new front apron, rear diffuser, and spoiler. To complete the look we finished off the changes by lowering the vehicle with an air suspension kit.”
On the interior, TSportline reached out to finest European luxury suppliers for the Bentley Linen material.
“Moving inside, similar omissions were made during the ordering process with an eye towards transformation. It was ordered with entry level dark ash cloth interior because our client had a vision above and beyond what Tesla currently offers.
As part of T Sportline’s Custom Interior Program we source our leather from the same tannery that supplies leather to all but a few high-end European manufacturers. Per the client’s request, five hides of Bentley’s Linen color leather were used for Project Malibu, we applied the new upholstering to the seats and door panels, along with black contrast stitching and our signature Square Quilted inserts. We even reupholstered the rear facing jump seats in the trunk area to match the rest of the interior.
Additionally, both the seat backs and sides were finished in gloss carbon fiber, which adds to the sporty feeling imparted by the gloss carbon fiber steering wheel, center console, and dash decor.”
A new audio system finished off the project:
“To finish off Project Malibu we installed our Audiophile Sound Upgrade. We integrate a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 EQ Processor into the factory sound system which allows each of the 13 component speakers to be tuned individually. We also replaced the front door speakers with Rockford Fosgate 8” mid bass woofers and the dash speakers and rear door speakers have been replaced with Focal K2 Power series mid range and tweeters.
The sound system is powered by one Alpine PDX-V9 and one Rockford Fosgate T400X4ad amplifier for a total of over 1,300 watts of power. An shallow 10” Alpine subwoofer is installed in a custom carbon fiber trimmed enclosure in the rear.”
All of the modifications:
● 2018 Tesla Model S P100D
● 3M Crystalline tint 70% / 40% (front windshield, side windows, panoramic roof, rear window).
● Chrome Delete using 3M Satin Black.
● Tesla ‘T’ emblems painted in Satin Black.
● Gloss Carbon Fiber Sport Package Kit. (Includes Front Apron, Rear Diffuser, and Trunk Wing)
Wheels & Suspension
● TS118 21” forged wheels 21×9.0” front 21×9.5” rear finished in Matte Black. Approximately 20% lighter than Tesla factory 21” turbine staggered wheel set.
● Uses Pirelli P Zero 245/35-21 265/35-21 factory tire size, original lug nuts, original TPMS and accepts factory center caps.
● Lug Nut Cover Set in Black.
● Air Suspension Lowering Hardware Kit
● Bespoke interior – 5 hides of Bentley Linen leather. Contrast black stitching.
● Reupholstered dashboard in Ferrari Black and Black Alcantara
● Signature Square Quilted door inserts and seats.
● Reupholstered doors in Bentley Linen leather.
● Dyed speaker grilles to match Bentley Linen leather.
● Gloss carbon fiber steering wheel with Bentley Linen leather sides and contrast black stitching.
● Airbag cover dyed to match Bentley Linen leather.
● Gloss Carbon Fiber Seatbacks.
● Gloss Carbon Fiber Dash Trim.
● Gloss Carbon Fiber Center Console.
● Gloss Carbon Fiber Seat Sides.
● Custom 52oz. 3/4″ pile Floor Mats with horizontal T Sportline logo.
● Custom Audio Upgrade.
Source: T Sportline