Kia Releases Optima Plug-In Hybrid Ad – Video
Kia Motors advertises its new plug-in hybrid Optima in Europe as a simple, no compromise car without range anxiety.
See full description here.
The Korean manufacturer notes the seven year warranty on the car and batteries and emphasizes that its range is up to 54 km (33 miles) NEDC (27 miles EPA).
- 9.8 kWh battery and 27 miles expected EPA range (54 km / 33 miles NEDC)
- 0-60 mph in 9.1 seconds
- 50 kW electric motor and 2.0-liter “Nu” four-cylinder GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) engine, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, power output is targeted for a class-leading 154 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- estimated 600 miles of total driving range
- Full charge in less-than 3 hours via a 240V (Level 2) charger
- segment’s lowest coefficient of drag, tied with the Tesla Model S at 0.25 Cd