Jay Leno Gets His Hands On A 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder – Video
The week on Jay Leno’s Garage, the ex-front man for the Tonight Show gets his hands on Porsche’s new plug-in supercar – the 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder. And regardless if you like Jay Leno or not; the man knows how to put together a video review .
The comedian gets the full ‘hands on’ treatment from Porsche North America’s Daniel Eastman on the “race car you can drive everyday.” As always Jay asks:
“What’s it like to drive on the street. And can you use it as an everyday car?“
Production of the 918 Spyder is now underway.. Only 918 will be made, at a cost of about $1 million.
Some specs of note:
- 0 to 62 MPH in 2.5 seconds
- 0 to 124 MPH in 7.2 seconds
- 0 to 186 MPH in 19.9 seconds
- 4.6-Liter V8 Puts Out 599 HP
- Total Power From Engine and 2 Electric Motors is 875 HP at 8,500 RPM